Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The beginning

Okay, lets see if I have everything for Monday:

Pen, notebook, and calculator.  Check
Driver's License.  Check
Social Security Card.  Check
Birth Certificate or Passport.  Check
$100 Cash/Money Order. Check
Boots or work shoes.  Check
Motor Carrier Road Atlas.  Check
CDL Learner's Permit.  Check

Stevens, all systems are go for launch.

Well, I'm all set to start the Stevens Transport Driving Academy on Monday, 26  September 2011. I am embarking on my last career move. I've decided I don't want to sit behind a desk anymore so my next office will be a Kenworth or a Pete. I will never or at least hardly ever start a new day in the same place.

Having been to 49 of the 50 states (sans Hawaii) either by car or motorcycle, I'm ready to see how many I can revisit from a higher vantage point.

My intention with this blog is to document or journal my experiences and travels as I embark on my new career.

Check back next week for the first of many updates to come.

So, as they say in Arabic, Insha'Allah or God Willing.

Doc

1 comment: